Working with clients, I became interested in the possible sports injuries that people can experience. With this mind I have studied Sports Massage in order to give an holistic approach to my clients.
I use a combination of deep tissue techniques, trigger point therapy, moist heat and soft tissue release techniques. This gives a great massage to relieve stubborn knots or muscle spasm, reduce pain and drastically improve flexibility. Done on a regular basis, this massage can greatly improve your performance while also preventing injury.
The primary benefits of sports massage are:
- Enhancement of performance
- Reduction of scar tissue
- Reduction of muscle stiffness
- Increased blood circulation and lymphatic flow
- Restoration of muscle length and balance
- Improvement of posture
- Release of tension and stress
- Improved flexibility
The benefits can help to relieve many conditions and long term causes of discomfort such as:
- Chronic muscular aches & pains caused by conditions such as Fibromyalgia
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Lower limb and some types of sciatic pain
- Reduction of muscle stiffness and pain in such areas as neck, back and shoulders which may result from postural problems or work related muscle tension.